BIKE EXPEDITION PROGRAMS
The cost of the full package of services - 1320 $*
ATTENTION!!! The minimum cost is indicated for one participant as part of a combined group of 6 or more people.
- *1 person 2570 $
- *Group of 2 people cost is 2240 $ per person
- *Group of 4 people cost is 1850 $ per person
- *Group of 6 people cost is 1320 $ per person
THE PRICES OF BIKE TOUR AROUND TOWN AND VILLAGES IN TANZANIA
Bike tour Prices
- 1 dayfully game ride tour is 150+$ per person. Group of 6 people cost is 80-$
- 1day 3days to ride cycles around town or west Kilimanjaro cost 450-$ per person. Group of 6 peoples cost is 110 per pax
- 3days bike tour. Cost is 680 per person. Group of 6 cost is 140 per person
- 4days bike tour prices is 850-$ per person. Group of 6 People's cost 210-$ per páx
- 5days bike tour prices 1070-$ per person. Group of 6 peoples cost is the 240-$
- 6days bike tour prices 1370-$ per person. Group of 6 peoples is 280-$
- 7days bike tour prices per person cost is 1640-$ per person. Group of 6 peoples cost 310-$ per person
- 8days bike tour prices per person cost is 1810-$. Group of 6 peoples cost is 360-$ per person
- 9 days bike tour prices per person cost is 2430-$ per person. Group of 6 peoples cost is 405-$.
- 10days bike ride tour prices per person cost is 2950 per person. Group of 6 peoples Cost is 460-$ per person.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN DAY TOURS OR MULTI DAY TOURS?
- Two or more class guides. Each of our trips has a minimum of two First class guides, you will have additional guides to ensure that you always enjoy superior Customer service Bike Mechanic. Who will perform a wide range of repairs on Bikes during the trip
- Trip Accomodations. Each and every night you’ll retreat to the best hotels or Tents in the region
- Snacks and drinks Each day's Ride. Most Meals All breakfasts and most lunches and dinners are included in the price of your trip.
- Private Tours, Tastings, Entrance fees, Park fees, Rescue fees, Crew salaries and all that kind of stuff
- Support vehicle. We support you both on and off the bike. We always have one guide in our support vehicle and the other cycling along side you. They’ll fill up your water bottles, change your tire, call for a shuttle or shuttle you up the hill, provide you with local insight and make sure everyone is on the right track
- Transportation during the trip. Our trips often take place off-the beaten track. So on our trips we provide transportation both at the beginning and at the end of your trip.
- Luggage Transfers. We will ensure that your bags are safely delivered to your hotel room or Campsite.
- Airport pick up/Transfer to Airport. (NOTE:Only for Multi day trips)
- Mountain Bikes
- Camping gears like Tents, Chairs ,Tables ,Sleeping, bag and Mattress
- First Aid Kit
- Water 1.5 liters or 3 liters - everyday
- Lodging before and after the trip (NOTE:Only for Multi day trips)
- Personal items purchased during the trip
- Tip. Much appreciated Professional guides and the best rides.
Join us at the “roof of Africa” - Mount Kilimanjaro for bike tours, cultural visits and the trip of a lifetime. From budget backpackers to luxury travel, let us show you our home, beautiful Tanzania
Hire a bike from us and we can deliver and pick up from your accommodation at no extra charge. We have a full range of the latest model bikes are available for half day, full day or multi day hire. We cater to all ages. We are the perfect option for individuals, couples, groups and families. All bikes come with helmets, repair kit and our detailed map of the Moshi & Arusha town trails. We will also give you trail tips and instruction on how to use all our bikes, allowing you to get the very best out of your hire.
Since July 1.1.2018 it is now possible to cycle in the National Park and therefore onto Mt. Kilimanjaro!
Climb onto Africa’s highest Mountain to Uhuru Peak at 194130 ft. Description on the next page. There is a discount when booking both tours. You can also visit the amazing national parks – Lake Manyara, Ngorongoro Crater and the Serengeti with its massive zebra and wildebeest migrations. Contact us and we create your individual Extension.
Included in the price:
- English speaking bike guide
- 7 nights – 2 x hotel, 2 x chalets, 3 x lodge, in Olpopongi Cultural Village guest share communal ablution facilities, in all other accommodation guests have their own bathroom with shower/toilet7 x breakfast, 5 x lunch, 7 x dinner
- All entrance fees for sightseeing program
- ACCOMMODATIONS : 3 nights in a nice hotel in Moshi, Or Arusha / 7 nights in tents (provided by us)
- MEALS : All meals during the camping trip. Breakfast on day 2 and 11 at hotel.
- TRANSFERS & EXCURSIONS: All transfers and all excursions according to itinerary.
- GUIDES : Certified biking guide and local crew from Tanzania.
- EMERGENCY PLANS : Oxygen, pulse oxymeter, walkie talkies, rescue services and emergency plans.
- DOCUMENTATION : A detailed itinerary with packing list, information about the climate, the trip, and Tanzania. You will travel well prepared.
- MEET BEFORE THE TRIP : Voluntary meeting in Everywhere on the world four weeks before the trip. Meet your guide and our Tour Operators your fellow travellers and have all your questions answered.
- FREE HOTLINE CONTACT US TEAM UKRAIN IN RUSSIA AND TANZANIA COMPANY GLOSSY ADVENTURES : Call us if you have any questions or doubts. We'll call you back, free of charge
- Flights to and From Tanzania
- Visa fees for Tanzania (approx. 50 USD on arrival)
- Tips Drinks Meals not mentioned above in comfort package (Surcharge US$ 100.00) permanent back-up as well as transport of bikes hire bike, 28 Speed front Suspension Scott bikes available
- Single rooms supplement at Our Routes Bush (except on the 1 person rate)
- Airport transfers
- Guides, Porters, Cook & Waiters tips (Much appreciated)
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Gear for your climb like sleeping bag, hiking poles, etc. (Can be rented on arrival from us)
- Items of personal nature
- Additional nights beyond the two standard hotel nights included
- Your flights/Visas
- Emergency oxygen
- Portable toilets – can be provided for USD 120 per toilet
- Despite its height (2550 – 6350 ft.) the area around Kilimanjaro is still a malaria risk area. A prophylaxis is recommended. The tours are in the months of the dry season. The cool temperatures of the night (59°F) can rise up to between 85 and 95 °C during the afternoon.
- This tour is also available as a private tour, with minimum of one participant.
- Various extensions are possible. Obviously is the walk onto Africa´s highest mountain to Uhuru Peak 19430 ft. Or do another bike trip in nearby Usambara Mts. Travel to nearby Lake Manyara and Ngonrongoro Crater plus Serengeti with its large zebra and wildebeest migration offer outstanding safari experience. If you fancy a chill out at the sea, Zanzibar and unknown Mafia Island are best suited for that.
ABOUT THE TOUR
Mountain bike around mount Kilimanjaro, individual or group’s size
The trail around Africa‘s tallest mountain and highest volcano is 230 miles long and involves 16000ft of climbing. It takes us through solitary rainforests, fertile fields of crop and through wild, dry acacia rich savannah, which is the home of the Masai. The tracks around the cloud shrouded, snow-capped roof of Africa are mainly dusty, sometimes rocky, with a few asphalt roads. We spend a night in a Masai cultural village to get to know their customs, songs and dishes. On a safari in Arusha National Park see some of Africa´s amazing wildlife. Two packages are available: with a local mountain bike guide only, you carry your own luggage during the rides or, a comfort option where a backup vehicle is always around so distances can be shortened to individual needs.
Arrival Kilimanjaro, transfer to Hotel. After arriving at Kilimanjaro International Airport you are welcomed by your tour guide. Transfer to your first accommodation the Key´s Hotel. (D)
Bike Tour around Moshi. This day is for your acclimatization. After adjusting the bikes your guide will ride with you along the lower slopes of the volcano and around town. (12-25 mi., hg +1000-3000ft. gravel/tar). Distances and climbs can be adjusted. (B,D)
Bike Tour Moshi – Lake Chala. The route is on uneven paths, mainly over farmland of the Chagga people. A long climb leads to Marangu, one of the gateway points to Kilimanjaro. Banana and coffee plantations change with little villages. The kids have a ball and come running to the road calling “Mzungu”. Towards the end an 8 mile downhill takes us back into savannah country to a beautiful lodge at Lake Chala, offering swimming, birding and game viewing on foot. (B,L,D) (44 mi., hg +3600 ft., gravel tracks/tar)
Bike Tour Lake Chala – Rongai. We are heading further north anti-clockwise around the volcano. In the higher regions we see good farming practice of water and soil saving agriculture of the locals. We ride close to the Kenyan border climbing gently to higher altitude. The last 6 miles are on tar and steep. In the afternoon we arrive at our cozy chalets. This is one of the starting points leading onto the mountain. If you want to get a taste of what it’s like you can go for a walk. (B,L,D) (40 mi., hg +3300 ft., tracks/tar)
Bike tour Rongai – Olpopongi Masai village. Cross the northern ridge of Kilimanjaro to the highest point of the tour at 6300 ft. Our tires will reach their limit, because nobody can escape the large acacia thorns. During the last miles we might spot some game. At Masai cultural village of Olpopongi we will sleep in typical rondavels. (B,L,D) (62 mi., hg +3300 ft., gravel tracks)
Bike tour Olopopongi – Momella. In the morning we will ride between Mt. Kili. and Mt. Meru. During the hilly and dusty ride we might spot elephants, zebra, antelope, and buffalo. Stay at the charming Momella Lodge. In the late afternoon we will head for Arusha National Park in a 4×4. Giraffe, zebra, buffalo and elephant are the large animals, monkeys and countless birds are the little animals in the park. (B,L,D) (28 mi., hg +1000 ft., gravel tracks)
Bike tour Momella – Moshi. Through acacia and shrub landscape we head back to Mt. Kilimanjaro. A steep climb brings us back into Chagga territory. Banana and coffee plantations are accompanied by little Settlements. We will descend for lovely Weru Weru River Lodge. In the evening we can celebrate the circumnavigation of Africa`s highest mountain with some cold Kilimanjaro beer. (B,L,D) (56 mi., hg +4500 ft., gravel tracks/tar)
Saying farewell. After breakfast, relax by the pool or join the guide for a walk through Moshi. A transfer to Kilimanjaro International Airport ends this adventurous trip.
Accommodation subject to availability*
There are different extension possibilities:
- NEW: Since 1.1.2018 it is now possible to cycle in the National Park and therefore onto Mt. Kilimanjaro!Climb onto Africa’s highest Mountain to Uhuru Peak at 19430 ft. Description on the next page. There is a discount when booking both tours.
- You can also visit the amazing national parks – Lake Manyara, Ngorongoro Crater and the Serengeti with its massive zebra and wildebeest migrations.
Contact us and we create your individual Extension. For this tour we offer hard tails for hire.