BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
Booking Terms & Conditions. Bookings and subsequent contracts shall be deemed to have been concluded in Arusha, Tanzania and shall be interpreted according to the laws of the United Republic of Tanzania.
* The Company reserves the right to decline any booking without outlining the reasons for it.
DEPOSIT & PAYMENT
* A 30% deposit is required to secure a booking. This deposit forms part of the payment for the trip and shall be offset to the total amount charged to the client/agent.
* If the full amount is not paid at least four (4) weeks prior to departure, the Company reserves the right to treat the booking as canceled and the deposit shall be forfeited.
* Clients/Agents booking within four (4) weeks of tour departure are required to pay the full amount immediately to secure the reservation.
* All bank charges are to be settled by the client or agent respectively. This includes transaction fees charged by our bank.
The amount shown on the invoice is the amount that needs to reflect in our account and should bank charges have been deducted, we would have to invoice you subsequently.
* For amendments of existing bookings done by the client/ agent (e.g. departure dates, air tickets, accommodation, number of participants etc) a handling fee of 50 USD per booking applies. The handling fee will be charged in addition to the service provider fees.
* Cancellations must be sent in writing to the office that confirmed the reservation. Cancellations shall only be effective from the date of receipt of cancellation by the booking office. In case of booking cancellation, the Company shall retain the full deposit.
*If a booking is canceled the client is subject to a cancellation fee as follows:
- until 4 weeks prior to departure – 30% Cancellation Fee
- 4-2 weeks prior to departure – 50% Cancellation Fee
- 2-1 weeks prior to departure – 75% Cancellation Fee
- less than 1 week prior to departure – 100% Cancellation Fee
* The Company reserves the right to cancel any tour at its sole and absolute discretion, without prior notification in instances where this is unavoidable. However, in that case the Company agrees to refund all monies already paid by the client. This shall be the Company’s sole responsibility to the client and no claim for any damages, howsoever arising, shall accrue against the company.
BANK TO BANK TRANSFER PAYMENT
Most of our major payments are through Bank Wire/telegraphic transfer (TT) / method. You can wire / telegraphic transfer money directly into our Bank account from anywhere around the world by using the information provided by GlossyAdventures Tours Company Team.
We accept cash if this seems to be your better option. Since most of the payments for your Safari including accommodations are set in USD that makes it our preferred currency of choice. We also take UK pounds, Euro and Tanzanian shillings exchanged against the current Market rate.
Visa and entry requirements
Visas are required by most visitors to Tanzania. Visas are available at your local Tanzanian Embassy. Costs vary from country to country. Visas are valid for 3 months. It is possible, however, to obtain a tourist’s visa for a single entry at any ONE of the FOUR MAIN ENTRIES into Tanzania -subject to the fulfillment of all immigration and health requirements-, for those who could NOT apply for a visa from Tanzania Mission abroad. These are:
- Dar-es-Salaam International Airport
- Zanzibar International Airport
- Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Namanga Entry Point (Tanzania-Kenya border point)
Payment, at all these points, is in US Dollars or its equivalent in Sterling. For all other entry points in Tanzania, visitors must hold a valid visa prior to approaching those entry points in Tanzania. However, in order to avoid unnecessary delays, those who proceed to Tanzania from a country where there IS a Tanzania Diplomatic Mission or Consular Office are strongly advised to obtain their entry visa prior to departure to Tanzania.
* At any time, all baggage and personal effects are at the client’s responsibility and the Company does not accept any liability for any loss or damage of any personal effects, howsoever arising.
* Clients are entitled to one bag of not more than 15 kg (backpack or soft bag – no hardtop suitcase) and a daypack. The Company reserves the right to refuse excess baggage. Please notice that on our trekking tours and on some “bush” flights other baggage regulations may apply.
* The client accepts that all tours are of an adventurous nature and involve an element of personal risk. Neither the Company nor any of its agents can be held liable in any way for any injury, loss of life or damage to property, howsoever caused. The client hereby indemnifies the Company and will hold the Company, its agent, assigns and servants harmless from any such claim.
* The client accepts full responsibility for all risks involved.
AUTHORITY ON TOUR
* The decisions of the Company’s guide/driver on tour shall at all times be final and binding.
* The client must at all times comply with the laws, customs and foreign exchange regulations of all countries visited.
* The Company reserves the right to use any photographs and videos taken during tours for marketing or any other advertising material. The client hereby gives consent to use such photographs and authorities the Company to retain copyright for these photographs and such material.
* Unforeseen circumstances including but not limited to war, mechanical breakdowns, weather, riots and other unforeseen reasons beyond the control of the Company may cause delays or alterations to the tour. The Company shall not be held liable in any way for any of these possible occurrences or any consequences, which may arise as a result of these.
* All our prices are based on the current national park fees and taxes. Should the authorities decide on increasing fees and taxes, we would subsequently have to pass on these increases.