BIKE EXPEDITION PROGRAMS
The cost of the full package of services - from 980 $*
*ATTENTION!!! The minimum cost is indicated for one participant as part of a combined group of 6 or more people.
- *1 person 2350 $
- *Group of 2 people cost is 1370 $ per person
- *Group of 4 people cost is 1050 $ per person
- *Group of 6 people cost is 980 $ per person
THE PRICES OF BIKE TOUR AROUND TOWN AND VILLAGES IN TANZANIA
Bike tour Prices:
- 1 dayfully game ride tour is 150+$ per person. Group of 6 people cost is 80-$
- 1day 3days to ride cycles around town or west Kilimanjaro cost 450-$ per person. Group of 6 peoples cost is 110 per pax
- 3days bike tour. Cost is 680 per person. Group of 6 cost is 140 per person
- 4days bike tour prices is 850-$ per person. Group of 6 People's cost 210-$ per páx
- 5days bike tour prices 1070-$ per person. Group of 6 peoples cost is the 240-$
- 6days bike tour prices 1370-$ per person. Group of 6 peoples is 280-$
- 7days bike tour prices per person cost is 1640-$ per person. Group of 6 peoples cost 310-$ per person
- 8days bike tour prices per person cost is 1810-$. Group of 6 peoples cost is 360-$ per person
- 9 days bike tour prices per person cost is 2430-$ per person. Group of 6 peoples cost is 405-$.
- 10days bike ride tour prices per person cost is 2950 per person. Group of 6 peoples Cost is 460-$ per person.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN DAY TOURS OR MULTI DAY TOURS?
- Two or more class guides. Each of our trips has a minimum of two First class guides, you will have additional guides to ensure that you always enjoy superior Customer service Bike Mechanic. Who will perform a wide range of repairs on Bikes during the trip
- Trip Accomodations. Each and every night you’ll retreat to the best hotels or Tents in the region
- Snacks and drinks Each day's Ride. Most Meals All breakfasts and most lunches and dinners are included in the price of your trip.
- Private Tours, Tastings, Entrance fees, Park fees, Rescue fees, Crew salaries and all that kind of stuff
- Support vehicle. We support you both on and off the bike. We always have one guide in our support vehicle and the other cycling along side you. They’ll fill up your water bottles, change your tire, call for a shuttle or shuttle you up the hill, provide you with local insight and make sure everyone is on the right track
- Transportation during the trip. Our trips often take place off-the beaten track. So on our trips we provide transportation both at the beginning and at the end of your trip.
- Luggage Transfers. We will ensure that your bags are safely delivered to your hotel room or Campsite.
- Airport pick up/Transfer to Airport. (NOTE:Only for Multi day trips)
- Mountain Bikes
- Camping gears like Tents, Chairs ,Tables ,Sleeping, bag and Mattress
- First Aid Kit
- Water 1.5 liters or 3 liters - everyday
- Lodging before and after the trip (NOTE:Only for Multi day trips)
- Personal items purchased during the trip
- Tip. Much appreciated Professional guides and the best rides.
Join us at the “roof of Africa” - Mount Kilimanjaro for bike tours, cultural visits and the trip of a lifetime. From budget backpackers to luxury travel, let us show you our home, beautiful Tanzania
Hire a bike from us and we can deliver and pick up from your accommodation at no extra charge. We have a full range of the latest model bikes are available for half day, full day or multi day hire. We cater to all ages. We are the perfect option for individuals, couples, groups and families. All bikes come with helmets, repair kit and our detailed map of the Moshi & Arusha town trails. We will also give you trail tips and instruction on how to use all our bikes, allowing you to get the very best out of your hire.
Since July 1.1.2018 it is now possible to cycle in the National Park and therefore onto Mt. Kilimanjaro!
Climb onto Africa’s highest Mountain to Uhuru Peak at 194130 ft. Description on the next page. There is a discount when booking both tours. You can also visit the amazing national parks – Lake Manyara, Ngorongoro Crater and the Serengeti with its massive zebra and wildebeest migrations. Contact us and we create your individual Extension.
Included in the price:
- English speaking bike guide
- 7 nights – 2 x hotel, 2 x chalets, 3 x lodge, in Olpopongi Cultural Village guest share communal ablution facilities, in all other accommodation guests have their own bathroom with shower/toilet7 x breakfast, 5 x lunch, 7 x dinner
- All entrance fees for sightseeing program
- ACCOMMODATIONS : 3 nights in a nice hotel in Moshi, Or Arusha / 7 nights in tents (provided by us)
- MEALS : All meals during the camping trip. Breakfast on day 2 and 11 at hotel.
- TRANSFERS & EXCURSIONS: All transfers and all excursions according to itinerary.
- GUIDES : Certified biking guide and local crew from Tanzania.
- EMERGENCY PLANS : Oxygen, pulse oxymeter, walkie talkies, rescue services and emergency plans.
- DOCUMENTATION : A detailed itinerary with packing list, information about the climate, the trip, and Tanzania. You will travel well prepared.
- MEET BEFORE THE TRIP : Voluntary meeting in Everywhere on the world four weeks before the trip. Meet your guide and our Tour Operators your fellow travellers and have all your questions answered.
- FREE HOTLINE CONTACT US TEAM UKRAIN IN RUSSIA AND TANZANIA COMPANY GLOSSY ADVENTURES : Call us if you have any questions or doubts. We'll call you back, free of charge
- Flights to and From Tanzania
- Visa fees for Tanzania (approx. 50 USD on arrival)
- Tips Drinks Meals not mentioned above in comfort package (Surcharge US$ 100.00) permanent back-up as well as transport of bikes hire bike, 28 Speed front Suspension Scott bikes available
- Single rooms supplement at Our Routes Bush (except on the 1 person rate)
- Airport transfers
- Guides, Porters, Cook & Waiters tips (Much appreciated)
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Gear for your climb like sleeping bag, hiking poles, etc. (Can be rented on arrival from us)
- Items of personal nature
- Additional nights beyond the two standard hotel nights included
- Your flights/Visas
- Emergency oxygen
- Portable toilets – can be provided for USD 120 per toilet
- Despite its height (2550 – 6350 ft.) the area around Kilimanjaro is still a malaria risk area. A prophylaxis is recommended. The tours are in the months of the dry season. The cool temperatures of the night (59°F) can rise up to between 85 and 95 °C during the afternoon.
- This tour is also available as a private tour, with minimum of one participant.
- Various extensions are possible. Obviously is the walk onto Africa´s highest mountain to Uhuru Peak 19430 ft. Or do another bike trip in nearby Usambara Mts. Travel to nearby Lake Manyara and Ngonrongoro Crater plus Serengeti with its large zebra and wildebeest migration offer outstanding safari experience. If you fancy a chill out at the sea, Zanzibar and unknown Mafia Island are best suited for that.
ABOUT THE TOUR
Cycle through the slopes of Mt. Kilimanjaro and witness the day to day lives of the Chagga people who inhabit these areas
- Days: 4
- Path: Off road & paved road
- Highlights: Amazing scenery, Cycling at the base of Mt Kilimanjaro, Wildlife can be seen like monkeys, Canoe and swimming, Hiking
WHY YOU'LL LOVE IT
The hilly terrain makes it a challenging ride as you pass the Kidia, Marangu and Mwika villages but then you finish off with a relaxing downhill ride to the beautiful Lake Chala, a caldera lake on the edge of the border and Overnight at the campsite.
- DAY 1: Arrive in Tanzania
You will be picked up at the Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO) and transferred to Hotel near Moshi town situated on the foot of Mt. Kilimanjaro. Today you will meet your guide who will brief you about your upcoming tour and together you will do the bike fitting. For those arriving on the morning or afternoon flight, you will have ample time to go for a quick test ride through Moshi town or Forest .
Meals: Lunch Included
- DAY 2:Moshi to Lake Challa
Lake Challa, a hidden gem, a perfect place to relax and unwind from the busy city life. The remote caldera lake on the border of Tanzania & Kenya is only 55km from Moshi and therefore the perfect get away for a day. Pure tranquility and beautiful nature await you at the lake. Explore the area on one of the many possible hikes, swim in the crystal clear water, kayak across borders or simply enjoy the stunning vistas of an untouched Africa. In the morning your guide will pick you up from your accommodation. You will ride the bicycle to Lake Challa Safari Camp with a packed lunch box and drinking water. Upon arrival you will see the beautiful private game reserve overlooking the crater lake. Our guide will take you down to the lake. Spend the day swimming, exploring, kayaking (optional). You will experience the natural beauties of the green scenery, landscape and will also have the opportunity to meet local people doing their daily activity. There is a very high possibility of spotting the baboon monkey, velvet monkey, blue monkey, and many different birds, that live in this wonderful savannah land. overnight in camping site. There is a bar that serves alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages and a restaurant that serves snacks and main meals.
- DAY 3: Lake Challa to Marangu gate
Immerse yourself in the history Marangu and its people. Marangu, at the lower slopes of Kilimanjaro, is a small town with a great amount of history and ancient traditions. Get carried away by the Chagga tribe, unique rainforest landscape and coffee growing insides. This tour has it all: action, tradition and culinary. In the morning we ride our bicycle to Marangu Gate (1900m), the starting point for all Kilimanjaro treks via the Marangu Route. You will have the opportunity to take pictures of the mighty Kilimanjaro and get a sense of the spirit of the mountain. The area around Marangu is home to the local Chagga tribe and you will learn all about their history and traditions on this full day excursion. Our second stop will be visit a small coffee farm, where you will learn about how the coffee is grown, harvested and processed locally. Try your own hand at processing, roasting and preparing a fresh cup of coffee. Once you have finished enjoying your coffee break, we will depart for the Ndoro Waterfalls. Our hike to the base of the waterfall will lead us through lush green landscape and the descend takes approximately 1 hour. Here you have the opportunity to relax and take a refreshing bath in the pool of the waterfall. Another highlight will be the visit to the Chagga Underground Caves and the Chagga Live Museum. In times of drought the Maasai migrated up the lower slopes of Kilimanjaro, in search of food and water. They enslaved and killed the local Chagga people. In defense of these attacks the Chagga built an extensive network of underground caves. Your guide will lively illustrate you the conflict while you visit the caves. We then continue to spend some time at the Chagga Live Museum, a small outdoor museum, which will give you further insides into traditional chagga life. Our tour also includes a chagga culinary taste, when we stop for lunch in a small restaurant. Here you will be served a traditional hot meal, later you will also have the chance to try the local spirits such as banana beer and wine. Camping at Marangu Hotel
- DAY 4: Marangu to Moshi
In the morning will start our way to Moshi passing trough different villages at the slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro