- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Cycling in Arusha National Park is a fun and thrilling way to experience this magnificent park
- Total Distance: 22km
- Path: Off road
- Highlights: Abundant animals, Beautiful scenery
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT
Often overlooked by safari goers, despite offering the opportunity to explore a captivating diversity of habitats within a few hours. This tour lets you explore beautiful areas of the park rarely visited while on safari hence giving you the ultimate wilderness experience. Apart from the wildlife and scenery there is a wealth of history you will uncover from this tour including the history of the park and the early missionaries who used to live in this area. In order to ensure your complete safety and comfort, you will be accompanied with an armed ranger and support vehicle(s) throughout your tour. Whenever you get tired you can just hop off your bike and onto the support vehicle. Come explore one of Tanzania’s most beautiful parks with us.
Your bike ride starts off with a gradual ascent as you head south of the park along the main dirt road. Along the sides of the roads you will cycle past families of baboons and blue monkeys. After cycling for about 2.5km we will take a 1km detour towards Margarete Trappe’s grave. Margarete Trappe also known as the “Iron Lady” was one of the early missionaries who lived in the area and was regarded as Africa’s greatest huntress. Here you will get a brief explanation about the history of Margarete and her impact on the area before continuing with your ride. After riding on the main road for about 5km you will turn right and enter the Kilinga Loop. This loop which spans 7 km traverses the thick lush forest. Due to the canopy cover, the path will be muddy on some sections hence making it the most challenging but fun to ride section of the tour. After completing the Kilinga loop you will continue cycling gradually downhill along the main dirt road for about 3km towards the Ngongongare gate where you tour ends
- Two or more class guides. Each of our trips has a minimum of two First class guides, you will have additional guides to ensure that you always enjoy superior Customer service Bike Mechanic. Who will perform a wide range of repairs on Bikes during the trip
- Trip Accomodations. Each and every night you’ll retreat to the best hotels or Tents in the region
- Snacks and drinks Each day’s Ride. Most Meals All breakfasts and most lunches and dinners are included in the price of your trip.
- Private Tours, Tastings, Entrance fees, Park fees, Rescue fees, Crew salaries and all that kind of stuff
- Support vehicle. We support you both on and off the bike. We always have one guide in our support vehicle and the other cycling along side you. They’ll fill up your water bottles, change your tire, call for a shuttle or shuttle you up the hill, provide you with local insight and make sure everyone is on the right track
- Transportation during the trip. Our trips often take place off-the beaten track. So on our trips we provide transportation both at the beginning and at the end of your trip.
- Luggage Transfers. We will ensure that your bags are safely delivered to your hotel room or Campsite.
- Airport pick up/Transfer to Airport. (NOTE:Only for Multi day trips)
- Mountain Bikes
- Camping gears like Tents, Chairs ,Tables ,Sleeping, bag and Mattress
- First Aid Kit
- Water 1.5 liters or 3 liters – everyday
- Lodging before and after the trip (NOTE:Only for Multi day trips)
- Personal items purchased during the trip
No Details Found