ABOUT THE TOUR Mountain bike around mount Kilimanjaro, individual or group’s size The trail around Africa‘s tallest mountain and highest volcano is 230…
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Arrival Kilimanjaro, transfer to Hotel. After arriving at Kilimanjaro International Airport you are welcomed by your tour guide. Transfer to your first accommodation the Key´s Hotel. (D)
Bike Tour around Moshi. This day is for your acclimatization. After adjusting the bikes your guide will ride with you along the lower slopes of the volcano and around town. (12-25 mi., hg +1000-3000ft. gravel/tar). Distances and climbs can be adjusted. (B,D)
Bike Tour Moshi – Lake Chala. The route is on uneven paths, mainly over farmland of the Chagga people. A long climb leads to Marangu, one of the gateway points to Kilimanjaro. Banana and coffee plantations change with little villages. The kids have a ball and come running to the road calling “Mzungu”. Towards the end an 8 mile downhill takes us back into savannah country to a beautiful lodge at Lake Chala, offering swimming, birding and game viewing on foot. (B,L,D) (44 mi., hg +3600 ft., gravel tracks/tar)
Bike Tour Lake Chala – Rongai. We are heading further north anti-clockwise around the volcano. In the higher regions we see good farming practice of water and soil saving agriculture of the locals. We ride close to the Kenyan border climbing gently to higher altitude. The last 6 miles are on tar and steep. In the afternoon we arrive at our cozy chalets. This is one of the starting points leading onto the mountain. If you want to get a taste of what it’s like you can go for a walk. (B,L,D) (40 mi., hg +3300 ft., tracks/tar)
Bike tour Rongai – Olpopongi Masai village. Cross the northern ridge of Kilimanjaro to the highest point of the tour at 6300 ft. Our tires will reach their limit, because nobody can escape the large acacia thorns. During the last miles we might spot some game. At Masai cultural village of Olpopongi we will sleep in typical rondavels. (B,L,D) (62 mi., hg +3300 ft., gravel tracks)
Bike tour Olopopongi – Momella. In the morning we will ride between Mt. Kili. and Mt. Meru. During the hilly and dusty ride we might spot elephants, zebra, antelope, and buffalo. Stay at the charming Momella Lodge. In the late afternoon we will head for Arusha National Park in a 4×4. Giraffe, zebra, buffalo and elephant are the large animals, monkeys and countless birds are the little animals in the park. (B,L,D) (28 mi., hg +1000 ft., gravel tracks)
Bike tour Momella – Moshi. Through acacia and shrub landscape we head back to Mt. Kilimanjaro. A steep climb brings us back into Chagga territory. Banana and coffee plantations are accompanied by little Settlements. We will descend for lovely Weru Weru River Lodge. In the evening we can celebrate the circumnavigation of Africa`s highest mountain with some cold Kilimanjaro beer. (B,L,D) (56 mi., hg +4500 ft., gravel tracks/tar)
Saying farewell. After breakfast, relax by the pool or join the guide for a walk through Moshi. A transfer to Kilimanjaro International Airport ends this adventurous trip.
- Two or more class guides. Each of our trips has a minimum of two First class guides, you will have additional guides to ensure that you always enjoy superior Customer service Bike Mechanic. Who will perform a wide range of repairs on Bikes during the trip
- Trip Accomodations. Each and every night you’ll retreat to the best hotels or Tents in the region
- Snacks and drinks Each day's Ride. Most Meals All breakfasts and most lunches and dinners are included in the price of your trip.
- Private Tours, Tastings, Entrance fees, Park fees, Rescue fees, Crew salaries and all that kind of stuff
- Support vehicle. We support you both on and off the bike. We always have one guide in our support vehicle and the other cycling along side you. They’ll fill up your water bottles, change your tire, call for a shuttle or shuttle you up the hill, provide you with local insight and make sure everyone is on the right track
- Transportation during the trip. Our trips often take place off-the beaten track. So on our trips we provide transportation both at the beginning and at the end of your trip.
- Luggage Transfers. We will ensure that your bags are safely delivered to your hotel room or Campsite.
- Airport pick up/Transfer to Airport. (NOTE:Only for Multi day trips)
- Mountain Bikes
- Camping gears like Tents, Chairs ,Tables ,Sleeping, bag and Mattress
- First Aid Kit
- Water 1.5 liters or 3 liters - everyday
- Lodging before and after the trip (NOTE:Only for Multi day trips)
- Personal items purchased during the trip
No Details Found