ABOUT THE TOUR Cycle around the base of Africa’s tallest free standing Kilimanjaro mountain and highest volcano Tanzania in African continents. Overnight in…
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
ABOUT THE TOUR
Cycle around the base of Africa’s tallest free standing Kilimanjaro mountain and highest volcano Tanzania in African continents. Overnight in Maasai Village
- Days: 6
- Total Distance: 370km
- Path: Off road & paved road
- Highlights: Amazing scenery, Maasai culture, wildlife can be seen
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT
This adventure takes us through solitary rainforests, fertile fields of crop and through wild, dry acacia rich savannah, which is the home of the Maasai. The tracks around the cloud shrouded, snow-capped roof of Africa are mainly dusty, sometimes rocky, with a few asphalt roads. We spend a night in a Maasai cultural village to get to know their customs, songs and dishes.
- Day 1 : Arrive in Tanzania. You will be picked up at the Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO) and transferred to Hotel near Moshi town situated on the foot of Mt. Kilimanjaro. Today you will meet your guide who will brief you about your upcoming tour and together you will do the bike fitting. For those arriving on the morning or afternoon flight, you will have ample time to go for a quick test ride through the nearby coffee plantation and surrounding villages.
(Meals: Lunch included)
- Day 2 : Moshi - Sanyaa Juu. We ride along the volcano through wide and deep river streams. We are in a very fertile area with countless small farms. Later we arrive in deeper plains, where the mountain slopes merge with the plain.
Distances: 42 km, altitude gain 600 m. Overnight stay: tent or House of Westkili Lodge
- Day 3 : Sanyaa Juu - West Kilimanjaro. Today we ride into the steppe and meet the Masai for the first time. Probably the best-known ethnic group in East Africa lives in the vast plains in the south of Kenya and in the north of Tanzania. The Maasai remained faithful to their ancient traditions. Examples of this are the semi-nomadic way of life and their striking clothes. With some luck we meet giraffes or zebras in the afternoon.
Distances: 30 km, altitude gain 650 m. Overnight stay: tent or maasai lodge
- Day 4 : West Kilimanjaro - Kamwanga. Through hilly Massailand we drive to Kamwanga, a small village at the northern foot of Kilimanjaro. We enjoy a fantastic view of Amboseli National Park in Kenya and the northern slopes of Kilimanjaro. We camp at a schoolhouse, which is located just outside the village. Distances: 45 km, altitude gain 1100 m. Overnight stay: tent in Kawanga
- Day 5 : Kamwanga - Lake Chala. We leave the Masai steppe and reach the vegetation-rich east side of the Kili. Fields and cedar forests are our temporary companions. On the Tanzanian / Kenyan border, we are now heading slightly downhill. Only a few river valleys of the Kilimanjaro provide short, mostly steep gradients. Our camp is located on the beautiful Lake Chala, a crater lake with crystal clear water, which invites to a bath.
Distances: 88 km, altitude gain 600 m
Overnight stay: tent at lake Chala
- Day 6 : Lake Chala - Marangu. Today we are already tackling our last bike stage. First we drive about 15 km up until we arrive on a wide road. We follow this dirt road and enjoy the ride through the lush green vegetation. Beside us are many locals with simple bicycles or on the road. After another 15 km we reach the village of Marangu. Distances: 30 km, altitude gain 700 m. Overnight stay: tents
- Two or more class guides. Each of our trips has a minimum of two First class guides, you will have additional guides to ensure that you always enjoy superior Customer service Bike Mechanic. Who will perform a wide range of repairs on Bikes during the trip
- Trip Accomodations. Each and every night you’ll retreat to the best hotels or Tents in the region
- Snacks and drinks Each day’s Ride. Most Meals All breakfasts and most lunches and dinners are included in the price of your trip.
- Private Tours, Tastings, Entrance fees, Park fees, Rescue fees, Crew salaries and all that kind of stuff
- Support vehicle. We support you both on and off the bike. We always have one guide in our support vehicle and the other cycling along side you. They’ll fill up your water bottles, change your tire, call for a shuttle or shuttle you up the hill, provide you with local insight and make sure everyone is on the right track
- Transportation during the trip. Our trips often take place off-the beaten track. So on our trips we provide transportation both at the beginning and at the end of your trip.
- Luggage Transfers. We will ensure that your bags are safely delivered to your hotel room or Campsite.
- Airport pick up/Transfer to Airport. (NOTE:Only for Multi day trips)
- Mountain Bikes
- Camping gears like Tents, Chairs ,Tables ,Sleeping, bag and Mattress
- First Aid Kit
- Water 1.5 liters or 3 liters – everyday
- Lodging before and after the trip (NOTE:Only for Multi day trips)
- Personal items purchased during the trip
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing
No Details Found