- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
ABOUT THE TOUR
The incredible sets of waterfalls that surround the lower slopes of Mt. Kilimanjaro are a well-kept secret.
- Total Distance: 14km (uphill)
- Path: Off road & paved road
- Highlights: Hiking to the waterfalls, Swimming, Cultural experience and Meeting chagga people
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT
Spend a day visiting the Materuni waterfalls. Cool off in the water after an exciting ride and then enjoy the downhill trip back to base. Combine this with a coffee tour for a great day out!
- At 9-00hrs. We will ride up onto the slopes of Kilimanjaro, to the village of Materuni, approximately 1,600 m above sea level. This lush rainforest region is known for producing some of the best coffee in East Africa. S
- tart the day with a visit to a small coffee farm and learn about how the coffee is grown, harvested and processed locally.
- Try your own hand at processing, roasting and preparing a fresh cup of coffee in the local Chagga way.
- Once you have finished enjoying your coffee break while getting the history of Chagga people
- After Lunch we will hike to the beautiful waterfalls on uru village where you can swim.On the way you will enjoy the view of Mount kilimanjaro and testing a chagga local brew
- Two or more class guides. Each of our trips has a minimum of two First class guides, you will have additional guides to ensure that you always enjoy superior Customer service Bike Mechanic. Who will perform a wide range of repairs on Bikes during the trip
- Trip Accomodations. Each and every night you’ll retreat to the best hotels or Tents in the region
- Snacks and drinks Each day’s Ride. Most Meals All breakfasts and most lunches and dinners are included in the price of your trip.
- Private Tours, Tastings, Entrance fees, Park fees, Rescue fees, Crew salaries and all that kind of stuff
- Support vehicle. We support you both on and off the bike. We always have one guide in our support vehicle and the other cycling along side you. They’ll fill up your water bottles, change your tire, call for a shuttle or shuttle you up the hill, provide you with local insight and make sure everyone is on the right track
- Transportation during the trip. Our trips often take place off-the beaten track. So on our trips we provide transportation both at the beginning and at the end of your trip.
- Luggage Transfers. We will ensure that your bags are safely delivered to your hotel room or Campsite.
- Airport pick up/Transfer to Airport. (NOTE:Only for Multi day trips)
- Mountain Bikes
- Camping gears like Tents, Chairs ,Tables ,Sleeping, bag and Mattress
- First Aid Kit
- Water 1.5 liters or 3 liters – everyday
- Lodging before and after the trip (NOTE:Only for Multi day trips)
- Personal items purchased during the trip
- Tip. Much appreciated Professional guides and the best rides.
No Details Found