Country: Tanzania Tour type: Bicycle tours Directions: Southern slopes Difficulty Level: Middle Number of Participants: From 1 Person Maximum Altitude: 5895 m Season: Year round Start of the Program: Hotel End of the Program: Hotel
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Days 1 - 2 : Flight to Kilimanjaro International Airport in Tanzania then transfer to the hotel. The second day will be spent preparing for the trip; there will be a briefing, checking that the bikes are ready, and the sorting out of backpacks.
- Days 3 - 7 : It’s a five-day climb to our Basecamp. Overnight stay in the camp at 2980m above sea level, then afterwards a climb to Horombo, at 3700m above sea level. We’ll have a day of rest at this altitude with only a short climb during the day and then return to camp. We’ll reach the Kibo Hut on the 7th day and will then be at 4700m above sea level. The climbs may be manageable on a bike but sometimes we’ll need to push them.
- Day 8 : We`ll spend an further day acclimatising at Kibo hut – climbing up to Hans-Meyer-Cave – whilst mentally and physically preparing ourselves for summit day.
- Day 9 : The ascent will start shortly after midnight. The bike must be pushed and carried to the summit. We will proceed to the main peak: Uhuru Peak. After this we will be rewarded with a 2200-meter-long descent on gravel and single tracks. We cannot ride for around 100 metres, but for the rest we can use our bikes.
- Day 10 : Going down is sooo much easier! Awaiting us is another 2000m of downhill. We will know the route well from our ascent. Dinner and shower at the hotel.
- Days 11 - 12 : We have the whole day to pack and relax. Transfer to airport, departure is after midnight, arrival on day 16 in the afternoon/evening.
- ACCOMODATION :
- 3 nights in a nice hotel in Moshi, Or Arusha
- 7 nights in tents (provided by us)
- MEALS : All meals during the camping trip. Breakfast on day 2 and 11 at hotel
- TRANSFERS & EXCURSIONS : All transfers and all excursions according to itinerary
- GUIDES : Certified biking guide and local crew from Tanzania
- EMERGENCY PLANS : Oxygen, pulse oxymeter, walkie talkies, rescue services and emergency plans
- DOCUMENTATION : A detailed itinerary with packing list, information about the climate, the trip, and Tanzania. You will travel well prepared.
- MEET BEFORE THE TRIP : Voluntary meeting in Everywhere on the world four weeks before the trip. Meet your guide and your fellow travellers and have all your questions answered.
- INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS : Return flights to Kilimanjaro Airport are not included. You can organize these yourself or let us do the booking.
- SINGLE ROOM SURCHARGE : Single rooms and tents cost come at an additional cost of 180-$ Per a Day.
- GRATUITIES / LUNCH + DINNER AT HOTEL : If you’re happy with your local Crew and guide, give them some Tips. Tips Cost 25-$ Bike tour Guides and if will come in a Group Assistant is Cost 18-$ .
- A Lunch and dinner at Hotel on day 2 and 11.
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing
No Details Found