KILIMANJARO TREK – WHAT TO BRING AND HIRING PRICES
- Trekking poles – 10$
- Light hiking trouser or short- 10$
- Liner gloves or inner gloves – 5$
- Rucksack or duffel bag- 15$
- Wool hat-5$
- Poncho -10$
- Few bars snacks ( like chocolates) or electrolyte powder drinks
- Heat pads if they have- hand warmers and feet warmers
- Copy of your Passport
- Travel insurance
- Anorak/Down Jacket- 15$
- Mittens- or Ski gloves- 10$
- Balaclava/ski mask- 5$
- Ski sunglasses- or Sun goggles- 10$
- Scarf- 10$
- 2 pairs warm trousers- 15$ each pair
- Thermal underpants and /long sleeved – best layer – 10$ each.
- 6 pairs socks thin and thick – 3$ @
- T-shirts x 3, long sleeve shirts x 2-3- 10$ each
- Sweater/fleece x 1 – 10$
- Waterproof trousers and jacket -10$ each
- Sun hat- 5$
- Boots and trainers/sandals – Waterproof trekking boot and trainers/sandals – 30$
- Small first aid kit
- Day pack, approx 30 litres- 20$
- Refillable water bottles (3 x 1 litre) and water purification method- 5$ each
- Good quality, super-warm 4-season sleeping bag – 15$
- Thermarest or trekking roll mat. – 15$
- Headache tablets
- Imodium (loperamide)
- Climbers may like to consult their physicians about azetazolomide (Diamox), a drug that many find mitigates the ill effects of altitude, headache, diarrhoea & vomiting.
- Torch/flashlight and spare batteries(head torches are really great) – Head Torch and spare batteries – 15$
- Gaiters- 10$
- Sun block and high SPF lip balm – Sun block lotion (30 or 50 strong) and High SPF lip balm
- Camera, film, extra batteries – you will not be able to recharge on the mountain but can at the Kibo Hotel before and after the climb
- Wet wipes
ZARA TANZANIA ADVENTURES
P.O.Box 19951 Hard Office Arusha, Tanzania. And Mohi, Kilimanjaro Tanzania , Branch Office in Tanga Isaland Beach Tour And Zanzibar Island Beach Tours Tel +255 717 46 85 86, Fax +255 735 20 85 86
Email Us adventuresg;lossy
Website for tour Package is
Service Voucher/BILL Voucher Date: 12th July 2021
Voucher No: 2021 /12/0077
NAME OF PEOPLE: – Susanne Lubago X 4(ZT)
Contact Person: Jane
NO. PEOPLE: 4 Pax
6 Days Rongai Route Climb
The Rongai route begins on the northern side of the mountain and is the least travelled route. It is a long drive to the starting point but you are rewarded by fantastic views and the likelihood that you will be the only climbers around. If you take this route up the mountain you are obliged to descend via the Marangu Route that is the most popular and well-used route.
Rongai is less crowded route and located on leeward side receiving little precipitation, also Rongai has higher success rate, and it is one of the easiest route on the mountain. Accommodation is in camps.
DAY 1: 29th June: Arrive Kilimanjaro Airport and transfer (own transport) to Springlands Hotel/ Alternative Hotel in Moshi where you will overnight in preparation for your climb the next day. DAY 2: 30th June: After breakfast we will transfer you to Rongai. The climb begins from the attractive wooden village of Nale Moru (1,950 m.) on a small path that winds through fields of maize and potatoes before entering pine forest. The track then starts to climb consistently, but gently through attractive forest that shelters a variety of wildlife, including the beautiful Kilimanjaro Colobus monkey. These monkeys are black with a long ‘cape’ of white hair and a flowing white tail. The forest begins to thin out and the first camp is at the edge of the moorland zone (2,600 m.) with extensive views over the Kenyan plains. Most clients like to stay at SIMBA CAMPSITE but there is 1ST CAVE CAMSITE also. [3-4 hours walking]
DAY 3: 1st July: The morning walk is a steady ascent up to the ‘Second Cave’ (3,450 m.) with superb views of Kibo and the Eastern ice fields on the crater rim. After lunch, we leave the main trail and strike out across the moorland on a smaller path towards the jagged peaks of Mawenzi. Our campsite
is in a sheltered valley with giant scenarios near KIKELEWA or 2nd CAVES CAMPSITE where you will overnight. (3.600 m.) [6-7 hours walking]
DAY 4: 2nd July: A short but steep climb up grassy slopes is rewarded by superb all round views and a tangible sense of wilderness. We leave vegetation behind shortly before reaching the next camp at Mawenzi Tarn (4,330 m.), spectacularly situated in a cirque directly beneath the towering spires of Mawenzi. The afternoon will be free to rest or explore the surrounding area as an aid to acclimatization. Overnight at MAWENZI TURN HUT CAMPSITE or 3RD CAVE CAMPSITE [3-4 hours walking]
DAY 5: 3rd July: We cross the lunar desert of the ‘Saddle’ between Mawenzi and Kibo to reach School/KIBO CAMPSITE (4,750 m.) at the bottom of the Kibo crater wall. The remainder of the day is spent resting in preparation for the final ascent before a very early night! [4-5 hours walking]
DAY 6: 4th July: We will start the final, and by far the steepest and most demanding, part of the climb by torchlight around 1 a.m. We plod very slowly in the darkness on a switchback trail through loose volcanic scree to reach the crater rim at Gillman’s Point (5,685 m.) We will rest there for a short time to enjoy the spectacular sunrise over Mawenzi. Those who are still feeling strong can make the three hour around trip to Uhuru Peak (5,896 m.), passing close to the spectacular glaciers and ice cliffs that still occupy most of the summit area. The descent to Kibo (4,700 m.) is surprisingly fast and, after some refreshment, we continue the descent to reach our final Campsite at Horombo (HOROMBO CAMPSITE) (3,720 m.). [11-15 hours walking].
DAY 7: 5th July: A steady descent takes us down through moorland to Mandara Hut (2,700m.), the first stopping place at the Marangu route. We then continue descending through lovely lush forest on a good path to the National Park gate at Marangu (1,830 m). [5-6
hours walking]. You will be transferred to Springlands Hotel or Alternative Hotel in Moshi for overnight.
DAY 8: 6th July: Transfer to the Airport for your departure flight (own transport)
20% DEPOSIT: – 0.00 US$
BALANCE TO PAY: 4361.00 US$
TOTAL: 4361.00 US$
> 6 days Rongai climb for Tanzania Residents (adults) @ 820 US$ per person X 2 = 1640US$
> 6 days Rongai climb for Tanzania Resident (child) @ 800 US$ per person X 1 = 800 US$
> 6 days Rongai climb for nonresident @ 1801 US$ per person X 1 = 1801 US$
> Car supplement to Rongai starting point at 12O US$ per vehicle = 120 US$
PRICES ARE INCLUSIVE OF:
* 2 Nights accommodation at Springlands Hotel – Bed & Breakfast Basis
* All park fees
* National Park approved guides and porters
* 18% VAT
* Accommodation on the mountain (Three-man mountain tents used for two people only on all routes except for Marangu Route as accommodation is in huts.) Stools, a mess tent and hot water for washing are provided on the mountain.
* Meals on the mountain
* Transport from Moshi at Springlands hotel to the Starting point of the mountain and return to Moshi at Springlands hotel
Prices do not include:
* Tips to driver, porters and guide
* Items of personal nature
* Transfer to and from Kilimanjaro Airport ($20/person one-way)
* Transfer from Arusha per private car hire $100 one way
* Climbing gear – sleeping bags, shoes etc.
Please note you will need a Yellow Fever Inoculation, this must be done no later than 10 days prior to departure. If
you have had any previous history of Liver Disorders you must consult your physician first. Malaria prophylactics are a must.
Please ensure you have sufficient Medical Cover for the duration of your trip and to cover you while doing the Kilimanjaro Climb.
Zara tours recommend WORLD NOMADS
Tipping is highly appreciated at the end of safari/ hiking:
Tips will vary depending on the length and complexity of the trip, the number of staff on the trip and the number of clients on the trip. Generally, groups like to meet before the end of the trek to discuss how much they would like to tip each staff member based on their individual trek experience.
You should prepare an envelope after your trek for your tip money at the Springlands Hotel.
You can use US dollars, Euros, TZ Shillings or a combination of these. The envelope will be submitted to mountain coordinator;
* Mr. Nur – Mobile number: +255 754 857 248 and/
* Mr. Frank – Mobile number: +255 757 982 024
The following are daily rates for each climber recommended to tip per staff member:
* Per Chief Guide: $15- 20 Per day
* Per Assistant guide: $10- 15 Per day
* Per Cook$10 Per day
* Per Porter: $8-10 Per day
Each climber should expect to tip between US$ 250 – US$ 350 for the entire climb.
NB: THESE ARE JUST GUIDELINES AND TIPS CAN BE GIVEN TO SAFARI STAFFS/MOUNTAIN CREW PER SERVICES PROVIDED.
For all Kilimanjaro routes except Marangu you will have: 1 climber: 1 guide, 3 porters, 1 cook 2 climbers: 1 guide, 6 porters, 1 extra assistance guide, 1 cook 3 climbers: 1 guide, 9 porters, 1 extra assistance guide, 1 cook 4 climbers: 2 guides, 9 porters, 1 extra assistance guide, 1 cook, 1 waiter
For Marangu you will have:
1 guide and 1 cook for each 8 climbers, 1 extra assistant guide per each 3 climbers, 2 porters per climber
* The pack that the porters carry is limited to 15 kg (35 pounds)
* Store electronics in sealed water-proof bags (double sealed if possible)
* Wrap clothing in plastic bags
* In the day pack, take along water, camera, binoculars, rain pants and jacket at a minimum. Add any other items you might need during the day because you may not see the porters until the end of your trek for that day.
Mount Kilimanjaro climbing check list
(Personal Things for Clients to remember)
* Yellow fever certificate
* Entrance visa
* Medical insurance
* Waterproof jacket
* Water proof pants
* Warm jacket
* Thermal underwear
* Woollen socks
* Hiking boots
* Light shoes
* Sleeping bag
* Day pack
* Water bottle
* Toilet paper
* Torch and batteries
* Pocket knife
* Energy drinks
* Energy snacks
* Spare batteries
* Different lenses
* Video camera
* Video tapes
* Assorted plasters
* Sun protection cream
* Anti malaria tablets
* Insect repellent
* Lip salve
* Water purification tablets
* Antiseptic cream
* Adhesive tape
* Throat lozenges
* Toothbruch& paste
* Address book
* Travellers cheques
* Travel insurance
* Walking stick
* Plastic bags
* Cash dollars (smaller bills)
* Be sure to break in your shoes before the hike.
* Take trekking shoes for hiking during the day, preferably warm (leather), waterproof, and with ankle-support
* Take tennis shoes or sandals for lounging in the evening
* Hiking socks
* Wool socks
* Rucksack/Daypack: $ 12
* Balaclava:$ 7
* Mont bell Sleeping Bag –25-35C.Temp$ 40
* Ponchour – Heavy/Western/Europe $ 18
* Ponchour – Light/Local: $12
* Socks: $ 4
* Duffel Bag: $ 6
* Hiking Poles (2) $ 12
* Gaiters: $ 8
* Torch/Flashlight (We have Few) $ 8
* Gloves: $ 6
* Sweater $ 5
* Sunglasses (We have Few in Store): $ 8
* Long Underwear (We have Few) $ 5
* Raincoat: $ 6
* Raincoat – G.T, Waterproof $ 12
* Rain Pants: $ 12
* Hiking Boots: $ 9
* Water Bottle: $ 5
* Fleece Pants: $ 6
* Warm Jacket G.T: $ 12
* Warm Jacket/Down Jacket $ 8
* Hat or Neck Scarf: $ 6
We provide Tents and Foam Sleeping pads at no charge.
* Sunglasses are available for purchase in the gift shop for $ 12 – $15.
* Each Oxygen Cylinder – available for $ 12/ Day / @ group of 4 pax.
* Hyperbaric Pressure Bag (Gamow Bag): $130/group.
* Private (portable/tented) toilet: $ 120 /@ group of 4 pax.
* Apart from our packages, ZARA TOURS take a serious approach to ensuring that tourism in Tanzania also benefits those who are unable to reap its direct benefits, by helping to bring donations, opportunities, and solutions to the regions in which we run our tours and set-up our properties.
* 15% of the profits from Zara Tours go directly to our social, economic, and environmental initiatives. This is a fact recognized early on by Zara Charity where we recognized our responsibility to develop and operate in a manner that makes a positive contribution to the natural, social and cultural environment. Contact us through zara
* Please see link to crowd rise here below https://www.crowdrise.com/maasaipre-schoolprojectinngorongorocratertanzania
* Testimonials http://zaratours.wix.com/video
Paid By: Received By:
Susanne Lubago Cashier ZARA
SIGN: …………………………… SIGN: …………………
* USD notes should be for the year 2000 and above (if you pay in USD).
* Please make sure the final payment is made before the day of the trek.
* If you have any used mountain gear, you can donate for Mt. Kilimanjaro Porters Society (MKPS) which Zara supports, will be highly appreciated.
NOTE: 15% OF WHAT YOU PAY GOES TO ZARA CHARITY FOUNDATION
YOU ARE MOST WELCOME AGAIN TO ADVENTURE WITH GLOSSYADVENTURES TANZANIA TOURS TREKKING AND SAFARIS TRAVEL COMPANY!!
Share on social Networks
AFRICAN SAFARIS IN TANZANIA.
Tanzania private Tours and Zanzibar Excursions, Tours, Boat Trips and Wildlife Safaris or Climbing Mountain Kilimanjaro and Mount Meru , BikeTrip with Hot Air Balloons and Volunteers Projects Adventures in Tanzania Safaris Africans Adventures.
LIKE , FOLLOW AND SUBSCRIBE OUR SOCIAL APPS.
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/GlossyAdventures/
Book this Next Tours
4 Days / 3 Nights Zanzibar Holiday
Northern Circuit Destinations
Serengeti National Park
Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Tarangire National Park
Lake Manyara National Park
Mkomazi National Park
Southern & Western Circuit Destinations
Ruaha National Park
Selous Game Reserve
Katavi National Park
Mikumi National Park
Udzungwa Mountains National Park
Mahale Mountains National Park
Gombe Stream National Park
Saadani National Park
Kilimanjaro Trek Routes
6 Days Marangu Route
6 Days Umbwe Route
7 Days Lemosho Route
7 Days Machame Route
7 Days Rongai Route
7 Days Shira Route
8 Days Northern Circuit Route
3 Days Lodge Safari
4 Days Lodge Safari
5 Days Lodge Safari
6 Days Lodge Safari
6 Days Luxury Lodge Safari
7 Days Lodge Safari
Subscribe to our newsletter and get exlusive first minute offers straight into your inbox.
Terms & Conditions
3 Days / 2 Night Zanzibar Holiday
$ per person
Book this Tour
Enquiry about the Tour
Enter your Email Address
GlossyAdventuresTanzania Tours and Safaris Travel Company Limited in Tanzania.
For our Tour packages.
Website : For Hotel Booking AND AirTickets.
Our E-mails to reach Us.
You’re warmly welcome to GlossyAdventuresTanzania Tours Trekking and Safaris Travel Company.
The Offices E-mail Address:
The Main Office WhatsApp Number is +255717468586
Headquarter Office in Arusha-Tanzania Njiro-Hill-Road:
Branch Office Shan’tTown in Moshi-Kilimanjaro,Tanzania
And Headquarter Office in Tanga,Island Beaches Raskazone Areas within
Branch Office in Zanzibar Island BeachesTour in StoneTown in Tanzania.
I will be more than happy for you to visit my website.
And just open the CV Attachment to see my Registion of our Company.
We truly hope that our two Companies, Can work together in the very best Futures together.
Thank you for your time and consideration, We look forward to hearing from you.
Rashid Khamis Mbarouk,
The Founder-CEO of the GlossyAdventures Tours Trekking And Safaris Travel Company Limited in Tanzania.
You’re warmly welcome to GlossyAdventuresTanzania Tours Trekking and Safaris Travel Company