Starting 1500 $
THE ONLY ROUTE WITH HUT ACCOMMODATION
High Level Facts About this Route
- This is the oldest on Kilimanjaro and is also one of the most popular – mainly because it is the only route on the mountain that has huts provided for hikers.
- There are 60 bunk beds each at Mandara and Kibo Huts, and 120 bunk beds at Horombo Hut.
- Most tour operators provide mattresses and pillows for climbers (sleeping bags however, need to be brought separately by trekkers).
- It can be completed in 5 days , but it is recommended that climbers take an extra day to acclimatise at Horombo Hut.
- The main setback on the Marangu Route is that the ascent is exactly the same as the descent and therefore there is not as much variety in settings compared to other routes.
- It route is usually more crowded as compared to other routes.
- The Marangu Route success rate is low compared with other routes as it is usually chosen by inexperienced and unprepared trekkers who are misled to believe it is the easiest route.
- Private transport to and from Kilimanjaro International Airport to your hotel
- Transportation to and from the Kilimanjaro gate
- Four Season Mountain tents
- Double Layered Sleeping Mats
- Hot meals daily while on the mountain
- Treated and filtered water
- Hot water for washing
- Altitude Sickness & First Aid Kit
- KINAPA Rescue Fee
- Park fee, camping fee, VAT and other taxesList Item 11
- Fair salary, food, insurance and accommodation for guide and porter(s)
- Your own team of porters and guides
- Visa for Tanzania
- Flights to and from Moshi
- Personal expenses
- Travel Insurance Including Repatriation
- Portable flush toilet
- Accommodation before and after the trek
MARANGU ROUTE ITINERARY
The Marangu Route begins at Marangu Gate (1,870 meters) on the South-East side of Mount Kilimanjaro. Typically you will be driven to the gate from Moshi, which takes approximately an hour and passes through the village of Marangu.
On Way to Kilimanjaro
Starting 1500 $