ZANZIBAR EXPEDITION 6 DAYS OPTION 2
The cost of the full package of services
Africa. Tanzania. Zanzibar Archipelago
Program Category: excursions, sea, beach, various water activities
The complexity of the program: easy
Duration: 6 days option 2
Season: all year round
Program cost: 1630 USD
The state of Tanzania (United Republic of Tanzania) is located in the eastern part of central Africa, washed by the Indian Ocean, in which there are a number of islands, including the archipelago of Zanzibar. The capital is Dodoma.
On the territory of Tanzania are: 15 National Parks, the highest mountain in Africa - Kilimanjaro (5895 m), the largest freshwater lake in Africa - Lake Victoria.
Kilimanjaro International Airport, located between the cities of Arusha and Moshi, approximately 50 km south-west from the top of Mount Kilimanjaro.
Kilimanjaro is the highest point in Africa (5895 m), an extinct stratovolcano located in northeastern Tanzania, near the cities of Arusha and Moshi.
Archipelago of Zanzibar. There are two main islands that make up the mysterious, yet romantic name ZANZIBAR, Unguja the capital island and Pemba her smaller twin sister. Early Indian sea farers made it a stopping of point with their trading caravans called the island “ZENJI BAR” meaning the black coasts.
- The Island has some of the best beaches anywhere in Africa and arguably the world
- Nungwi - large village and the famous beach. The place has a party atmosphere
- Matemwe - long idyllic stretch of coast, offering fine sand and a great base from which to go snorkelling or diving.
- Kendwa - calm, long and wide stretch of coast, offering a lot of entertainment and accommodation options
- Pongwe beach - located in a small cove along the coast covered with palm trees. This place is suitable for couples and romantics.
- Mnemba Island - atoll set just off the northeast coast near Matemwe. Diving at Mnemba is stunning, on the inside it’s like being in a giant aquarium and the outside offers excellent wall and drift dives. The island itself is a breeding ground for turtles and they are often seen gliding by along with dolphins, huge schools of fish, whale sharks and humpbacks when in season.
- The Stone City is the story of Zanzibar. Stone Town is a World Heritage site and is the most atmospheric and vibrant of all the remaining traditional Swahili settlements. Architecturally it’s a fusion of African and Arab influences not dissimilar to the medinas of Morocco with its narrow streets, twists and turns.
- The Anglican Cathedral - first Cathedral in East Africa been built in 1870s by the Universities Mission to Central Africa.
Jozani Forest and Sultan's Palace
- Getting married on Zanzibar is becoming more and more popular.
- Spice Tour - no trip to Zanzibar would be complete without a tour of a traditional spice farm. Over the years Zanzibar has been one of the largest exporters of cloves and other spices.
- Swim with Wild Dolphins - unique opportunity to track and swim with one of the oceans most captivating creatures. Each morning the local pod of dolphins wake from their overnight spot in Menai Bay and prepare themselves for the day ahead, playing with the tourists is just part of their morning routine.
- Snorkeling. The safari blue excursion offers full day sailing around mangroves and snorkeling along some of the best coral reefs Zanzibar has to offer followed by the best seafood barbeque you will ever have and an exotic fruit tasting session
- Prison Island. It is wood boat trip to one of Zanzibar shore islet. The island has a large number of giant tortoises and was imported from Seychelles in 19th century. The prison ruins, coral rag forest trail and also beautiful peacocks. It has also beautiful cl reef ideal for snorkelling and lovely white sand for sun bathing.
- Accommodation is Bad and Breakfast, hotel 4*, 2-bed room
- All Transfers,
- Lunch during the tours,
- Intres fee,
- Equipment of snokling and soft drink.
- Diner and Tip for Guides
- Private things
- Tip for Guide it depend of Trip's if the trip is half day they will pay from $-10 Or $-20. If is full day they will pay $-25 Or $-30.
Zanzibar, option №2. Zanzibar Paradise Beach Safari, 6 days.
Day 1. ARRIVAL
Upon arrival at the airport or harbour, you will be transferred to your hotel in Stone Town. Overnight at Zanzibar Serena Inn or Tembo House Hotel on bed and breakfast.
Day 2. GUIDED TOUR OF ZANZIBAR ISLAND
Breakfast at the hotel, then depart for a guided tour of Zanzibar Island. The tour starts with a visit to Zanzibar’s very busy and vibrant market. A lot of trade takes place here, with such goods as fresh vegetables, tons of tropical fruit, loads of Jack fruit, and several other exotic fruits being sold and battered. Afterwards, proceed to the old cathedral, a monument of great historical significance. Built in 1874, the cathedral stands on the site of a former slave market. The exact point where the cathedral’s altar stands was, in an earlier time, a whipping post for slaves. That was in the era before 1873, the year when the Sultan of Zanzibar issued a decree abolishing slavery. The tour then takes you to the old fort, the peoples palace, ‘Tip Tip House’, the house of wonders, and the residence of the late Sultans of Zanzibar. All these places are a significant part of Zanzibar’s history. The last place to tour will be the narrow streets of the old Stone Town. You can further explore the old town and other places on your own later in the afternoon during your relaxation time. In the evening, you will go for a sunset cruise along the Stone Town waterfront. Dinner at a local restaurant, then return to the hotel for overnight. Overnight at Zanzibar Serena Inn or Tembo House Hotel.
Day 3. SPICE TOUR
After breakfast, you will leave for a spice tour, involving visits to the areas where the spices are grown and processed. You will have the chance to learn the nature of various spices, how they are grown, and their uses. Depending on the season, you may even sample and taste some of them at the source. Besides the spices, you will see plenty of other herbs and plants, including medicinal herbs, cosmetics plants, and ornamental plants among others. If the season is right, you will see such interesting spices/herbs as cloves, rambutan, iodine plant, nut meg, lipstick, vanilla, lemon grass, shampoo plant, henna, and many others. Later on, you will visit the Kidichi Persian baths, which the first Sultan of Zanzibar (Sultan Said Said bin Sultan) built in 1850. You will also visit Maruhubi Palace Ruins, built in 1880 by Sultan Said Baraghash Bin Said to specifically house 99 of his concubines. Lunch at a restaurant in town, thereafter be transferred to the East coast of Zanzibar for a beach holiday extension. Overnight at Bluebay Beach Resort or Karafuu Beach Hotel on Half board basis.
Day 4 & Day 5. LEISURELY BEACH RELAXATION
Take time to relax at the beautiful tropical beaches of Zanzibar’s East Coast or enjoying a multiple activities at the beach resort. Some of the activities you can engage in include scuba diving, snorkelling, water skiing, and swimming among others. Some of these activities are provided at an extra cost payable directly at the hotel. Overnight at Bluebay Beach Resort or Karafuu Beach Hotel on Half board basis.
Day 6. DEPARTURE
Breakfast at the hotel, then you will be transferred to the airport for your flight back home.